A very large fixed window in a wall, typically without glazing bars or glazed with only perfunctory glazing bars near the edge of the window. Picture windows are intended to provide an unimpeded view, as if framing a picture.
Picture windows are frequently combined with other windows that do open, such as sliders, single or double hung, or casement windows located on either or both sides of the picture window.
Standard Window Features
- Since 1985 North Star has been an industry leader in the manufacture of attractive and energy-efficient vinyl windows and patio doors.
- Tested and certified by Canadian Standards Association and comply with American Architectural Manufacturers Association (AAMA) standards.
- The beauty of our windows can be enhanced through traditional or contemporary grilles, available in three profiles: ¼″ square, ⅝″ flat and ¾″ contour.
- Extrusions come in seven colors – white, ivory, hickory, chestnut brown, cocoa, sable and sandalwood.
- Energy Advantage Low-E is a high performance, energy-efficient glass made with a coating that is designed for top performance in our northern climate, which is why it can rate highest on the Canadian Energy Rating
- Hardware and locks used in our windows are easy to use, secure and come with a lifetime warranty
If you need some window ideas, we’ve put together a gallery of window inspirations: